Carer's Rights and Legislation
The South Australian Carers Charter is a schedule of the SA Carers Recognition Act and sets out the principles that must guide services for carers.
- Carers have choices within their caring role.
- Carers' health and wellbeing is critical to the community.
- Carers play a critical role in maintaining the fabric of society.
- Service providers work in partnership with carers.
- Carers in Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities need specific consideration.
- All children and young people have the right to enjoy life and reach their potential.
- Resources are available to provide timely, appropriate and adequate assistance to carers.